Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Of What Remains: Remains In Effect

It's official! I will be actively working on a SECOND publication of my urban decay exploration series, Of What Remains. I began this project back in 2010 as a college assignment, but it has now become a personal fixation I wish to carry out for many more years to come.

---

I have tentative plans to begin photographing location #1 tomorrow, but today was my warm up. Hidden just a stone's throw away from apartment complexes and the suburban sprawl in Hanover, Pennsylvania, is an abandoned sewage treatment plant. Unfortunately, I was not able to find any information on the history of the plant or when it was closed.

Along with my partner in photographic crime, Jenn, I scaled a large field in order to reach the plant undetected by the motorists passing by in the distance. We followed deer tracks pressed into the mud, hopped a creek, climbed a hunter's tree stand to gain our bearings, and weaved our way through the thick brush before we finally arrived at the barb-wire enclosed property. We squeezed our tiny bodies under a chain link fence to gain entry.












The remains of the signage for 'Hanover Sewage Treatment.' 









Jenn, atop the tree stand. 

Today wasn't as exhaustive as some of my previous adventures, but I certainly captured some cool imagery! Now that I'm heated up, I can barely wait for my next adventure. Stay tuned.

1 comment: