Tuesday, December 7, 2010

David & Emily

On November 13th, I traveled to Nazareth PA to photograph David & Emily's wedding -- which happened to be my very first solo wedding shoot. There are far too many details about the day that I could spend all night typing about, but I think I'll just let the photos do the talking (which kind of eliminates the purpose of blogging at all, but I'm a photographer so it's okay). Here are a handful of my favorite shots of the day  ...  Congrats again to David & Emily! 































© 2010 Jessica Flax Photography. All rights reserved. 

5 comments:

  1. They are really lovely Jessica! You should be proud of yourself.

    Did you have an assistant with you? Did you have any trouble getting your strobe to fire in the cold weather? I love the outdoor shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jess, they all look great! I hope you had a lot of fun on your first solo shoot. I'm particularly drawn to the b&w of em and dave dancing, the colors in the shot of them leaving the church, and some of the scenes shot outside around twilight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jess! I found you blog page and I am so happy I did...
    These came out great!! They really look wonderful! I would love to know what lighting you used for these...they are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Thank you for the comments, everyone!

    @ Kelly: I did not have an assistant with me. Fortunately, I didn't have any problems with the strobe either. (My AB has typically done really well in temperature plunges. I've fired that sucker in 20 degree weather before without any issues.) ;-)

    @ Ashlee: The B&W dance photo is a personal favorite ... and it happened completely by accident! (My flash didn't fire quite right, but still managed to light Dave and Emily just right yet underexposed the background. But then it gave me the idea to do what I did and I couldn't be any happier with it!)

    @ Danielle: I'm happy that I found your blog, too! The outdoor shots were lit with a strobe fired into a white 60" umbrella & I used an on-camera flash for the indoor shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jess,

    Amazing shots! You really have quite the eye! Truly talented.

    Carol Miller

    ReplyDelete